Below are my favorite cities, restaurants in those cities, attractions, etc!
San Jose is my hometown, the heart of the Silicon Valley, and the third largest city in California. The Peninsula region includes places like Mountain View, Palo Alto, and Los Altos.
Restaurants for breakfast/brunch
- St Michael's Alley$$-$$$- Palo Alto: My all time favorite brunch in the Peninsula. All of the egg dishes are amazing, and the specials do not disappoint. Please note, weekend is the most popular time for brunch. If you're looking for a sweet spot, try 9 AM.
- Cafe Borrone $-Menlo Park: Having just been here, I really enjoyed my time. I got the breakfast burrito, though the waffles looked delectable. Crowds are inevitable, but the line goes by fast. Also, you may just see Mark Zuckerberg here.
- The Table-Willow Glen $$: A cute, relatively new restaurant in San Jose's Willow Glen pocket. American cuisine, and menus are seasonal.
Restaurants for Lunch:
- LYFE Kitchen- (Palo Alto) $: LYFE is a pretty healthy place. They have awesome chia water; their brussels sprouts dish is really good, as are their salads.
- Lulu's Taqueria-Los Altos, Menlo Park $- I love Lulu's! Such yummy goodness and the prices arent too bad. They have a full menu, both for lunch and dinner. I get the mini burrito with chicken and its the perfect amount.
- La Villa- Willow Glen $- La Villa is a family owned Italian Deli. They have the best raviolis (normally we eat that for dinner) but also have quality sandwiches and paninis.
Restaurants for Dinner:
- Chef Chu's-Mountain View $$- Such quality Chinese food. A tad pricey, but the quality is worth the price. Get the Jumbo Prawns with Candied Pecans--that is a family favorite.
- Aqui Fresh Mex- Campbell, Willow Glen, Cupertino-$- Aqui has been a family favorite for a long time. I love the Sonoma Goat Cheese Quesadilla. What is cool about Aqui is their twist on Mexican. Also, the swirls and margaritas are a MUST.
- Pizza Antica- Santana Row (San Jose) $$: Really you can have lunch or dinner here! I always split a pizza with my family, or friends. Typically we have gotten the Bianca or the Fennel Sausage Pizza. The salads are wonderful as well!
- Philz-San Jose, Cupertino, Palo Alto: Philz is quality coffee, plus they have really yummy signature drinks that arent too sweet. Try the Mint Mojito Iced Coffee, or the Ecstatic.
- Bumble-Los Altos $-$$: Bumble is a really family friendly atmosphere with good eats and decent coffee!
- Crema Coffee-San Jose $: A nice outside patio, along with a good ambiance. Their speciality are sweet drinks, so if you like those you're at the right place.