So we have been having quite a heat wave over here on the West Coast. Tomorrow I leave for North Carolina, so mother nature decided to give me a real treat and make San Jose a whopping 96 degrees today (sidenote: for all my non Californians, I know this isn't a big deal. But for all the California natives, this is scorching.)
To beat the heat, I wanted to make a refreshing drink. We have a lemon tree, so I thought, why not make lemonade? However, I wanted to put a twist on the classic lemonade. So I googled some recipes, and found the perfect one. It was easy, cheap, and quick!
Frozen Raspberry Lemonade:
- Get 4 lemons. Squeeze the lemons until you have 1/2 a cup of lemon juice.
- Get half a cup of raspberries (I used frozen ones, shh!)
- Put lemon juice, raspberries in blender.
- Add 2 cups of water, and a half cup of ice
- Add 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar (further sugar to taste)
- Blend, and VOILA!
Pro tips: A substitution for raspberries could be watermelon, or blackberries. I would also suggest making lavender lemonade, so instead of raspberries add some lavender!
That is it, really a no fuss, but amazing refresher for a hot day. I like my lemonade tart, but if you like a more sweet lemonade, you can add more sugar.
This recipe is modified from this site
Enjoy, and stay cool!